Billy Idol Wiki, Bio, Net Worth, Affairs
Billy Idol (born on 30th November 1955) is a famous musician, singer, songwriter, and actor, able to rule in hearts of millions of people in the world. He achieved his fame in the 1970s emerging from the London punk rock scene as a member of Generation X. After that, he also embarked on a solo career which made his way to international fame and made Idol a lead artist during the MTV-driven “Second British Invasion” in the United States. The name “Billy Idol” was inspired by a schoolteacher’s description of him as “idle” during his school life. Regarding his career, Idol began his music career in late 1976 as a guitarist in the punk rock band Chelsea. However, he soon left the group and started his own group later on.
Billy Idol Family/Parents
Billy was the first child of Bill and Joan Broad. When he was 2, his father moved the family to Long Island, New York, in pursuit of the American dream. They returned 4 years later (now with a baby sister, Jane) to Dorking. America made a big impression on Billy; he loved the big cars and rock music. The family moved next to the Running Horses Public House in Mickleham, until 1963, while their home in Goring, Sussex, was being built.
Billy Idol Affairs/Spouse
Billy Idol has two children with two women; a son Willem Wolf Broad with Perri Lister, and a daughter Bonnie Blue with Linda Mathis. He is currently dating Lindsay Cross.
View this post on Instagram
Two shows in California this week, then a run of co-headlining dates with @bryanadams See schedule below. Fri, July 19 California Mid State Fair Paso Robles, CA – – – – – – – – Sat, July 20 Ironstone Amphitheatre Murphys, CA – – – – – – – – *All August dates below are co-headlining shows with @bryanadams – – – – – – – – Thu, Aug 1 Gilford, NH Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion – – – – – – – – Sat, Aug 3 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun – – – – – – – – Sun, Aug 4 Wantagh, NY Jones Beach Theater – – – – – – – – Tue, Aug 6 Syracuse, NY St. Joseph’s Health Amphitheater at Lakeview – – – – – – – – Wed, Aug 7 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theater – – – – – – – – Fri, Aug 9 Darien Center, NY Darien Lake Amphitheater – – – – – – – – Sat, Aug 10 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center – – – – – – – – Mon, Aug 12 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live – – – – – – – – Ticket info for all show dates at billyidol.net
- Full Name: William Michael Albert Broad
- Nickname: Billy Idol
- Birthday: 30th November 1955
- Age: 63 years old
- Birthplace: Stanmore, Middlesex, England
- Current Residence: England
- Education: Sussex University
- Profession: Musician, Songwriter, Actor, Singer
- Nationality: English
- Ethnicity: Irish
- Affairs/Spouse: Perri Lister, Linda Mathis, Lindsay Cross
- Son: Willem Wolf
- Daughter: Bonnie Blue
- Net Worth: $35 Million(approx.)
- Height: 1.75m(approx.)
- Weight: 69 Kg
Trivia/ Facts that you probably may not about Billy Idol
- His real name is William Michael Albert Broad.
- He first achieved fame in the 1970s as a member of the punk rock band Generation X.
- Billy Idol was born in Stanmore, Middlesex. The name of him was inspired by a school teacher’s saying of him as “idle”.
- Billy Idol also attended Worthing High School for Boys in Worthing, West Sussex.
- He then went on to join the Bromley Contingent of Sex Pistols fans, a loose gang that traveled into town when the band played.
- In 1976, Billy Idol joined Chelsea as a guitarist.
- Idol became an MTV staple with “White Wedding” and “Dancing with Myself” as the part of the MTV-driven “Second British Invasion”.
- For more information about Billy contact him on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.